Are you interested in joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry. There’s never been a better time to join our security sales team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a long term position as a Security Sales Consultant for our Security Business.
This position is responsible for proactively identifying, promoting and selling electronic security systems in various facilities. �
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify and qualify customer needs, develop sales strategies and negotiate and close profitable projects with end users.
- Develop and maintain an active lead generation plan within the assigned territory through the use of referrals, contact with local builders, cold calling, and direct mailing.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designate sales plan.
- Provide timely and effective sales presentations to prospective customers.
- Conduct job surveys, specify the type of system required, provide a cost proposal and layout to be used for a basis for the contract.
- Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of all pricing procedures and strategies to ensure that contract estimates are accurate and will deliver the expected return.
- Accompany the Installation department to the initial job start to ensure the customer requirements are confirmed and are understood.
- Develop a personal business plan to meet sales objectives and goals in assigned territory.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals/booking packets, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sale.
- Responsible for planning, forecasting and monitoring all subcontracting costs and negotiating subcontract agreements as required.
- Operate within the general policies and procedures of local branch and Corporate, guided by generally accepted alarm industry practices, local ordinances, and U.L. requirements.
- Maintain customer relationship management system (SalesForce.com).
- Maintain updated application knowledge of all product offerings and systems and has the ability to communicate and sell these systems to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma
- 5+ years min. B2B Sales experience
- 3+ Commercial Sales experience within the Security industry
- Valid state driver’s license without restrictions
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed; some travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mechanical or electrical
- Understanding of system design and application, pricing, lead generation and time management
This position requires travel within a territory up to 80% of the week. The job incumbent must be able to sit in a vehicle for extended periods of time while traveling as well as sit at a desk while doing computer work in an office/home environment.
Requirements include the ability to drive, sit, stand walk a majority of the time.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.