Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
We are seeking a Sr. Revenue Accountant who will be part of the global Revenue team responsible for supporting the “quote to cash” cycle. The successful candidate will a strong foundation in technical accounting (specifically revenue recognition) and be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment, interacting with our deal desk, sales, legal, and product departments during the quote and customer negotiation process, and with accounting department colleagues’ post-sales.
This is a great opportunity to work for a public, fast paced, high growth company with ample room to make a difference with management visibility.
- Review and evaluate customer contracts for compliance with internal policies and US GAAP, ensuring that revenue has been properly and timely recognized and that the overall economics of the deal are in line with company targets/goals
- Perform ASC 606 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers) contract analysis including relevant documentation of management’s assessment and results
- Collaborate with deal desk, sales, legal, operations, and finance to serve as a value-added advisor in the context of customer agreements from a business/finance/accounting perspective
- Perform month-end duties surrounding the quote to cash cycle including but not limited to account reconciliations, monthly revenue recognition, roll-forward analyses on deferred revenue and accounts receivable, etc.
- Coordinate and support internal and external audit processes and ensure compliance with internal controls
- BA in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of assurance/audit experience in Public Accounting. Big 4 or national tiered firm preferred.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP including revenue recognition rules (ASC 605 and 606) as well as the ability to apply judgment within defined policies and practices
- Prior experience in revenue accounting and/or the software industry preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and RevSym a plus
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, communication (both written and oral) and collaboration skills required
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform, which empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely [...]