Stanley Black & Decker is seeking a Project Manager with Analytics experience at Stanley Black & Decker’s Manufactory in Hartford, CT. Since 1843, Stanley Black and Decker has been committed to innovation and social responsibility, while becoming a leader in multiple industries.
Stanley Black & Decker has created this state of the art manufacturing incubator to accelerate its global Industry 4.0 “smart factory” initiative across the entire organization. The 23,000-square foot facility will serve as a hub for the latest advancements in IoT, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, 3-D printing, robotics and advanced materials. This team will set the overall vision and strategy for the company’s Industry 4.0 initiative and supply the resources and expertise necessary to serve as the epicenter for the latest technologies and processes with respect to Industry 4.0.
To learn more about Industry 4.0 and Stanley Black and Decker’s vision, visit:
About the Job
The Project Manager will work closely with business specific operations, IT, third party partners, and COE counterparts to deliver new technology for the Manufacturing plant floor. Responsible for delivery architecture and analytics for multiple deployments involving existing and new technologies such as IoT, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Accountable to deliver on operation metrics by implementing KPI measures, measurement systems and dashboards to manage process performance for sustainability and continuous improvement.
- Oversee multiple projects ranging from Proof of Concept (POC) to scalable deployment.
- Create project plans implementing suitable technical strategies and objectives with a clear sense of direction and focus; Ensure end project meets business objectives.
- Define and manage project scope, writing project plan and managing beginning to end.
- Develop and control timelines/deadlines.
- Forecast and monitor project costs/budget.
- Manage project integration/implementation along with requirements, design and testing.
- Communicate all facets of project progress to leadership.
- Participate in Business Case preparation.
- Identify, assess and proactively manage Project Risk throughout the project/account lifecycle through collaboration with project team and customer.
- Identify Staffing needs across multiple functions and departments.
- Formulate, organize and monitor interconnected projects and coordinate cross-project activities.
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues.
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Management; Experience in Manufacturing or Manufacturing IT (e.g., MES, ERP, Machine Data Acquisition and Networking) required.
- Experience in Manufacturing Plant/Field, including knowledge of Manufacturing procedures and Engineering as well as Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of Analytics, and ability to deliver on operation metrics by implementing KPI measures, measurement systems and dashboards to manage process performance for sustainability and continuous improvement.
- Experience and knowledge of Change Management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Thorough understanding of Project/Program Management techniques, methods and software (MS Project, Basecamp, etc.).
- Proven expertise in Project Management.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Highly detail oriented, with excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player with a friendly but professional demeanor.
- Agile/Scrum experience a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Information Technology or appropriate equal work experience; MBA a plus.
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration. Stanley Black & Decker works to provide the tools and innovative solutions to propel people to their goals. They collaborate with one goal in mind: empower people to do better, safer, more significant work. They define success as: delivering value to their customers, colleagues and communities. Their commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps them focused on their path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being “For Those Who Make The World”.
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 and FORTUNE 500 company, is the world's leading provider of tools and storage, the world's second-largest commercial electronic security company, and a leading engineered fastening systems provider, with unique growth platforms in the Oil & Gas and Infrastructure industries. With industry elite partners such as DEWALT, Porter-Cable, Craftsman, Bostitch, Lenox, and more: Stanley Black & Decker provides to the tools to build the world.
Learn more about Stanley Black & Decker athttp://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.