Messaging Engineer II with proven ability to architect, implement, support and manage Messaging and Collaborative solutions with a focus on GSuite.
The Messaging Engineer II will serve as a central point of contact and work closely with other organizational support groups to coordinate the design, administration and support of all messaging & collaboration applications at multiple office locations and multi- data center environments. Serves as a focal point for customer inquiries regarding Messaging & Collaborative applications, its use and capabilities and will provide 2nd and 3rd level support to our customers.
The candidate is also expected to perform the essential duties with little or no supervision, anticipating and planning for all possible outcomes based on actions taken.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the company’s messaging and collaboration tools (GSuite, Microsoft Exchange, Slack , Quip, Sococo)
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs for all Messaging & Collaborative applications/servers.
- Apply Messaging & Collaborative application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Work closely with business application users to triage and resolve production issues
- Monitor and evaluate the systems messaging environment to ensure system capacity is in line with the corporate demand for services
- Provide guidance for security best practices as they relate to messaging
- Develop and execute testing plans to ensure configuration changes meet acceptance criteria
- Develop documentation, technical user guides, policies, procedures and guidelines for system operations
- Perform periodic infrastructure performance reporting to support capacity planning
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 5 plus years of experience in an application support, administrative or configuration role
- Experience using and supporting GSuite or Office365
- Experience with mail filtering/secure email solutions such as Cisco, Brightmail and Proofpoint
- Understanding of VMWare and how virtualization functions in Messaging & Collaborative applications
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to liaise with end users and quickly identify and implement solutions to their support issues
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and relationship building skills.
- Strong problem solving skills including demonstrated ability to analyze issues and to work effectively with cross functional groups to craft solutions.
- Ability to understand the potential and limitations of technology and to effectively communicate this to others.
- Curiosity and passion for delivering high quality and innovative technical solutions.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.