Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing
Founded in 2012, The Honest Company® is a mission-driven consumer products company dedicated to empowering people to live happy, healthy lives. Consumers seeking thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective baby, personal care and beauty products, along with education and support can find The Honest Company products across North America via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 17,000 retail locations. Beginning in spring 2019, consumers in Europe can find Honest Beauty at select Douglas retail locations. A leader in the natural baby category and a trailblazer in clean beauty, The Honest Company is committed to ensuring all families have access to basic necessities and the latest health information for safe growth and development — a commitment reflected in its ongoing partnerships with organizations such as Baby2Baby and Mount Sinai. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
We have kicked off a search for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to drive customer acquisition strategies across the full funnel for our Baby and Beauty categories at Honest. In this role, you will help with strategy, optimizations and overall management of all major media channels. You will manage strategic and creative development of digital marketing programs, media planning, and implementation of our digital advertising and direct response initiatives for our DTC business. You’re the right person for the job if you’re curious & optimistic, consumer-first, equally analytical and entrepreneurial, and if you are able to be scrappy, flexible and solutions-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Drive strategy and execution of our performance and re-engagement marketing efforts as we continue to scale growth, expand channel mix, and drive lifetime value by building habits & loyalty for unique customer segments
- Develop and/or manage digital marketing campaigns across all channels (SEM, Paid Social, SEO, Affiliate, Paid Email, Display) with a focus on driving positive, incremental return on ad spend and new customer acquisition
- Drive business growth and overall revenue through media channels and advertising spend
- Support the brand marketing team to ensure sales and margin goals are met through building full funnel marketing programs
- Maintain and evolve a testing framework to expand our volume & pace of learning across the business
- Work with team to report and analyze campaign performance, on a daily, weekly and monthly basis; develop insights and make recommendations for action and opportunities
- Lead reporting and analytics across all channels and own the performance of all relevant KPI's (LTV, CAC, contribution margin, channel ROAS targets, retention cohorts, customer churn feedback, etc.)
- Manage and oversee outside agency partners to optimize and expand upon existing campaigns
- Continually tweak and optimize campaign creative, copy and audiences to ensure campaigns do not create fatigue and are reaching the most efficient audiences
- Synthesize and share campaign results and best practices within The Honest Company
- Champion best practices regarding the measurement of ad effectiveness, especially as it relates to marketing effectiveness and multi-channel campaign optimization
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An exceptional communicator and collaborator. You’re effective at influencing cross-functional teams and can articulate your thoughts to everyone from individual contributors to top execs
- Self-directed and results oriented. You love to exceed goals and take on new projects
- Data-driven with a consumer-first focus. You have a strong track record of using analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive growth for direct-to-consumer subscription product/services
- A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- Driven by details. You’re meticulous, thorough, and enjoy being extra-precise
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years digital marketing experience heavily focused on customer acquisition, ideally in a B2C e-commerce digital-first brand in a fast growth environment and at scale
- Strong knowledge of Paid Search (SEM), Display, Video, Paid Email, Affiliate, or SEO
- Proven track record of developing and implementing rigorous test and control programs launched at scale, both upper funnel and lower funnel channels
- Direct Response and branded campaign experience, and have driven meaningful results in both
- Understanding of the interplay between online/social and traditional channels
- Proven experience with Database, Email, and Interactive Marketing
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint and business intelligence tools
- Experience with Google Analytics and other relevant web analytics tools
Bonus points for:
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
Founded in 2012, The Honest Company® is a mission-driven consumer products company dedicated to empowering people to live happy, healthy lives. Consumers seeking thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective baby, personal care and beauty products, along with education and support can find The Honest [...]