Overall responsibility for leading and managing the production activities within the Services team. This position is responsible for managing the people, processes and technology required to successfully exchange data with our clients 3rd party service providers. This position will be responsible for sponsoring technology initiatives to improve the operational performance of the team, the customer’s experience, and the productivity of the team. Including the development of the supporting business case, programs and processes required for its success. Actively participate in the resolution of day to day issues that arise, including problems with customers, third parties, internal teams and our internal systems as needed. The Senior Manager has demonstrated the ability to set and achieve goals in support of the business plan. They work with much autonomy and need little direction or guidance. More strategic than the Manager, Senior Managers have a strong understanding of how their role impacts the overall success of the business and are highly results oriented. The Senior Manager is regarded as a leader in the organization.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Develop strong relationships and alignment with our internal and 3rd party partners.
- Working with cross functional team toward a common goal.
- Ensure that all daily production requirements are completed each day with sufficient documentation to enable USG to defend its timeliness and accuracy with third parties without further contact from our customers.
- Drive the establishment and refinement of the Ultimate Software Services process methodology and best practices
- Oversee and manage Services functions:
- Other related production activities as required
- Generate operational metrics to communicate and manage the performance of the production team
- Facilitate the delivery of training as required by internal or external customers
- Provide backup to team and afterhours work, as necessary.
- Performs interview process for new hires for roles within team.
- Hires, fires and performs employee performance reviews
- Builds and maintains strong peer relationships within the team and across the organization.
- Escalate potential service issues to Senior Management.
- Directs work within clear budgetary guidelines.
- Defines standards and reusable approaches within the Services operational framework.
- Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
- Implement quality control measures.
- Is accountable for on-going management of effective client service relationship in one area of the business as the main point of contact for senior client representatives.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 5-10 years in a management role
- 5-10 years of process/operational excellence experience
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience will be considered
- 5-10+ years of payroll and/or services industry experience
- Working knowledge of UltiPro is a plus
- Working knowledge of EDI processes
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Industry related certifications is desirable; i.e. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
- Works under general direction of the Director or above
- Accountable for the management, operations and business results of a primary line of business or significant segment of a business function.
- Makes strategic decisions that have the potential for an impact on corporate results, loss control, expenses, revenues or profitability
- Participates in the development of the function’s business plan and manages the completion of projects associated with corporate priorities
- Has significant fiscal decision making ability, which has the ability impact business results.
- Provides leadership by example, connecting actions with values
- Demonstrates ability to pro-actively step out of comfort zone to take risks and stretch abilities
- Is highly competent within discipline and demonstrates consistently high levels of performance.
- Achieves all key performance indicators in support of business plan while successfully demonstrating Sr. Manager competencies.
- Leads high performing department(s) and sets example for other leaders and individual contributors
Nature of Business Contacts Required:
- Collaborates functionally and cross-functionally with other managers at all levels in support of business goals.
- Interacts with and sets example for employees at all levels
- Assists and supports the Director or higher in meeting departmental and functional initiatives
- May represent to industry professionals and other non-employees
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Travel will be less than 10% - majority of travel be to Weston, FL and Orange County, CA or Atlanta, GA
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.