Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to work with the FP&A team and other departments across the company to create accurate financial models for assigned areas, to analyze financial performance of the company and to provide meaningful insight and deliverables to senior management. This position demands excellent analytical skills, interpersonal and organizational skills. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for reviewing and overseeing the work performed by other team members and will report to the Director of Financial Planning.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead financial planning and analysis for real estate, facilities and IT capital investments, and various operating expense categories.
- Analyze monthly budget/forecast variances and historical and projected operational information with the goal of delivering actionable recommendations for improvement to operations
- Present financial budgets, quarterly forecasts, and performance reports to senior management and drive insightful conversations and deliverables
- Utilize GAAP knowledge and effectively analyze and reconcile fixed asset rollforward schedule to forecast model.
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing various SOX controls (Depreciation reasonableness testing, etc)
- Coordinate with Accounting and functional departments to accurately incorporate actual results into FP&A models, ensuring departmental awareness and operational efficiency
- Help to define key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate overall business performance
- Work with the financial systems team to further automate Planning and Reporting processes to allow create efficiencies for deeper analyses
- Manage financial analyst.
- Encourage team work and efficient communication within the department
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience (FP&A, corporate finance, audit)
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis including balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Prior management of staff
- Advanced technical skills with MS Excel
- Excellent analytical and modelling skills
- Self-starter with ability to think creatively
- Being able to work independently and as a team player and to prioritize changing workloads
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting degree required
- Familiarity with a subscription / SaaS business model
- Experience with Cognos TM1 enterprise planning software
- CPA/MBA is a plus
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.