Manages the business relationships with existing commercial clients in order to maximize client service and satisfaction in the overall best interest of Patheon. Serve as the liaison between Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) and Commercial site management to manage the introduction of new products from the PDS pipeline and directly with clients on new Technical Transfer projects.
The scope of the position covers six major areas:
1) Client relationship management
2) Quotations and supply agreements
3) Strategic Project Management
4) Relationships with other Patheon Functions
5) Finance and Forecast Management
6) Talent and team management
Client Relationship Management
- Leads Site Business Management Leadership Teams to ensure that they serve as Leaders in the Sites business activities representing the client interests, while maximizing the sites financial position.
- Leads and manages large commercial opportunities and coaches Business Directors to ensure effective management of these opportunities.
- Works closely with the General Manager to identify and prioritize commercial opportunities and drive desired results.
- Directs and addresses all departments to get the expected results to the clients. Keeping in mind the Patheon values and objectives, gives input to the main sites functions (working in tandem with the General Managers) to deliver in time, in full and “Right first time” goods and services.
- Leads all clients’ business relationship to ensure all issues are handled promptly and that all communications are timely and accurate.
- Facilitates and directs client direct contact with Subject Mater Expert (SME) on site as appropriate for strategic cases.
- Ensures plan execution of the Business Management Teams are done in full respect of agreements and in compliance with Master Supply Agreement (MSA).
- Using at least the existing tools for escalation, reports to Patheon top management structure and central corporate functions all the main happening on sites that could impact the Patheon performances and problems to clients with advices and action plans in place.
- Leads initiatives on the global business management team for talent, growth, client experience and Tech. Transfer.
- Participant and informant on site based initiatives for clients, strategic deals and technology selection.
Quotations and Supply Agreements
- Negotiation of complex MSA with clients, take the lead and the responsibility of the negotiation working closely with the North America (NA) central function for contract negotiation. For all relevant sites within the EU, follow process aligned with the principle structure.
- Reviews new business proposals to ensure alignment with financial commitments.
- Ensures the correct assessment of the overall cost of a new or existing project (cost of production, capital requirements).
- Ensures that all annual pricing updates are completed and delivered to the clients per the MSA.
- Ensures that all MSA requirements are executed, including pricing, payment terms, renewals, yield reconciliations, etc.
- Focused on strategic issues, including large MSAs and/or large potential deals.
- Leads the identification and implementation of new initiatives with tools within Operational Excellence.
- Ensure that the Business Management Teams are executing all projects between the sites and clients properly.
- Resolves the Technical Transfer (TT) extremely critical issues with other sites functions to respect the timelines and technical activities.
- Develop and authorize the implementation of new processes.
Relationship with other Patheon Functions
- Works in tandem with General Manager to lead the site according to Patheon values, policies and respecting agreements with clients.
- Has active relations with the site Leadership Teams, and direct the sites' business management teams in Patheon internal business review activities.
- Be a leader in the Global Business Management Leadership Team.
- Interacts with executive management.
Financial and Forecast Management
- Along with Directors, Business Management know financial obligations within the Master Service Agreement (MSA) and work with Finance to assure compliance.
- Provides input and participates in the sites Business Plan and ongoing forecasts.
Talent and Team Management
- Engages, coaches, enables exceptional performance within the Business Management Leadership Team. Identifies, attracts, motivates and retains superior talent.
- Creates meaningful development opportunities and provides mentorship.
- Generates and Executes development plans BM leaders and extended team.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build rewarding careers. We offer services and products that help customers around the globe in laboratories and clinics, on production lines and out in the field.