IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
- Responsible for the ETL data integration process, which is accomplished through the use of Informatica PowerCenter and PowerAnalyzer
- Perform data object analysis by defining, analyzing, and validating data objects and relationship through the use of advanced SQL/Linux scripting and Informatica toolset
- Very good knowledge of data modeling in a data warehousing context.
- Knowledge of ERWin, SAS, ODBC, Java, C/C++, HTML, XML and UNIX.
- Data warehousing experience
- Informatica PowerCenter design and coding experience
- Relational Database concept knowledge (SQL Server preferred)
- Informatica PowerAnalyzer / SAS design and coding experience an asset
- General knowledge of object oriented tools is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent process documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Experience working in Agile development methodology is preferred
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of application development experience with at least 2 in a senior capacity
- 3+ years of Experience in Informatico or DataStag
- 3+ years of Experience using Ab Initio software
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 6+ years of application development experience with at least 2 in a senior capacity
- 4+ years of Experience in Informatico or DataStag
- 4+ years of Experience using Ab Initio software
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]