SPECIALIST (REPORTING & ANALYTICS)
The global PPK group is a key function, which helps to identify, create, and leverage “best of Bain” content, expertise, and also helps Bain practice areas develop commercial strategies.
The Reporting & Analytics Specialist position is based in BCC’s Gurgaon office and is an integral part of the global PPK team. The individual will work under the BCC PPK program team, responsible to provide competitive intelligence support to global Bain teams and over time also support reporting using automation and data visualization tools such as Alteryx and Tableau.
The Reporting & Analytics Specialist will support a range of industry and capability Practice areas and other Bain teams (as needed) with business research based projects and analysis of KPIs and preparation of commercial dashboards based on Bain data sources and processes (as time permits). This involves:
Primary role responsibilities:
- Conduct data collection and deliver high quality, zero-defect analysis on competitor employee headcounts
- Support process and functionality of planning tool built on Anaplan
- Drive ad-hoc research for special strategic projects and other related duties
- Taking responsibility for assigning work streams; monitor and balance workloads
- Effectively communicate with practice stakeholders, who are senior Bain audience around the world
- Consistently provide responsible feedback in all interactions; recognize team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement
Secondary role responsibilities:
- Oversee production of practice commercial reports and dashboards, ensuring timely, high quality, zero-defect analysis and output produced by the associates, as per agreed SLAs
- Quickly come up to speed on different reporting needs, essential reporting processes and large datasets
- Simplify and automate reporting dashboards; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-serviceability by users
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, dashboard design, analysis, and documentation.
- Review and vet underlying logic and approach in proposed data cleaning, analyses and data visualizations, both by the practice and the internal team, supplemented by sound reality checks and actionable solutions
- Collaborate with global Bain teams to support data collection and integration, requirements
- First class undergraduate from leading and reputed colleges with 6-8 years of relevant work experience; post-graduate from a top-tier institute/university with strong academic records would be an advantage
- Experience managing a team of at least 2 people in a knowledge/research based service delivery or reporting & analytics function domain
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint required along with preferred proficiency in data analytics software such as Alteryx, Tableau etc.
- Ability to prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers
Bain & Company is a leading management consulting firm. We work with change-oriented executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We advise global leaders on their most critical issues and opportunities across all [...]