Ultimate Software is looking for a Software Test Engineer. This role will be an important part of a team that is reshaping how we will build and offer our Human Capital Management products to our customers in the future. If you're looking to have an impact on the future of our organization, this role could be a great fit for you.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Plans test coverages and tests individual stories that, when combined, create a major feature or product.
- Collaborates with fellow engineers and business analysts to derive the best solutions to feature designs and defect resolutions.
- Performs peer test automation code reviews with constructive feedback to continually improve our offerings.
- Researches, troubleshoots and provides the team leader solution options regarding critical defects and high priority escalations.
- Assists with hotfix, service pack and major release deployments.
- Assists in firefighting production issues when needed.
- Responsible, along with fellow engineers, for team ownership of the shared core build process.
- Continues to learn new skills, techniques, technologies and industry trends in the field.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Working knowledge of testing methodologies and automated testing tools.
- Back end testing experience.
- MSSQL Database/Power User or equivalent
- Windows operating system and basic networking
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years full time experience with enterprise-scale software quality assurance using the tools and skills cited above.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment while being able to work independently to plan and accomplish goals.
- Accountable for asking questions to understand the business' requirements and priorities.
- Always strives to find empathy for the team, for the people using our software, for the other teams who have to support what we do (e.g., customer success, sales, marketing etc.)
- Loves to work on a team of people with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]