Ultimate Software is looking to hire a Quality Engineer to join our extremely talented Product Development team! As a Quality Engineer, you will be part of our continued improvement and growth of our HR and Payroll Software Solution.
This Quality Engineer position requires excellent analytical skills and experience in unit, integration and functional test automation. Some of the technologies used by our team are C#, SQL, Mongo, and Rabbit MQ. We are looking for a passionate engineer who values quality, and truly enjoys what they do. The qualified candidate for this position is someone who has a can-do attitude and is an innovative thinker.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the testing of new features and implementations of new test technologies and frameworks.
- Mentor other software test engineers on the team helping them grow their technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Foster the culture of delivering quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process.
- Promote innovation and keep the team up-to-date on the latest and greatest industry trends.
- Present and explain technical concepts to a wide-variety of stakeholders and end-users.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 5 or more years’ experience as a software test engineer on enterprise projects.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills in a cross-functional environment.
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white and black box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table).
- Written and implemented automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Ability to write and test code in an object oriented language, like C#, to support our primary products
- Experience with functional test automation tools, such as Nunit, NSubstitute, etc.
- Knowledge/familiarity with Selenium.
- Contributed to and supported multiple products that went to production.
- Debugged and solved customer issues.
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch.
- Experience working with a continuous delivery process using tools, such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or Travis CI.
- Experience with non functional test automation tools, such as JMeter, LoadRunner, ZAP, etc.
- Software development experience including: OOP, design patterns, web services, microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Testing.
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud providers, such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Less than 10%
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.