We are looking for a Software Test Architect that can help us craft the current and the next generation of our product quality in our Product Development organization. You’ll tackle all test aspects of the SDLC process from user research to prototyping to software production and testing.
Software Architects are individuals who are leaders, experts, and innovators in our software testing organization. They provide technical leadership and strategic direction to guide continuous improvements to the processes, practices, and tooling used in all areas of software testing. These areas include functional testing, unit testing, continuous integration, test automation, performance testing, security testing, test case management, and others.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2018 and #3 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials for 2017 and #3 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Participating in discussions on development-wide testing strategies with other STAs, Managers, and Directors of Software Engineering.
- Providing technical expertise in the development and maintenance of internal tools to support software testing and test automation.
- Establishing and disseminating testing standards and practices that others must adhere to as part of delivering high quality software.
- Conducting reviews and providing feedback on the performance of Software Test Engineers (STEs) and/or Domain Testers.
- Ensure engineering team are incorporating best practices, design patterns, and other sound development and test methodologies when needed.
- Supporting efforts for testing the software customizations of Ultimate Software’s mega-clients.
- Evaluating new or existing software testing tools such as automation frameworks, code coverage analysis tools, test case management systems, and performance, security, and reliability tools.
- Assisting teams by conducting testing in property areas such as performance, stability, reliability, usability, and security.
- Coaching, training, and mentoring STEs on testing tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Working with software engineers and technical leads on unit and integration test direction.
- Assisting with the recruitment of candidates for software engineering and testing positions.
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- A breadth understanding and experience in software engineering and software testing. 5+ years of experience is a must.
- Depth of understanding and experience in multiple areas of software testing.
- Excellent testing and debugging skills.
- Strong problem solving and programming skills.
- Good project management and communication skills.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.