Who We Are:
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure It has 1,300+ employees globally and is growing rapidly across all its offices. In the US ThoughtFocus has locations in California, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas. As an organization, ThoughtFocus strives to build lasting relationships. ThoughtFocus was founded in 2004 and continues to be an employee owned company with a minority investment from the Blackstone Group.
We are seeking 2 experienced SDET Engineers to work with one of the largest, most innovative and successful companies in the world!
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) participates in a Scrum team to define the work to be completed within the Sprint, tracks the work using collaboration tools like JIRA and Confluence, develops the software and demonstrates the final product to the Product Owner for Acceptance. The SDET develops automated test scripts using Java or similar development language following industry best practices to develop robust reusable test scripts. The SDET participates in peer review sessions to review code and technique of other local, offsite and offshore developers; accepts comments, criticism and suggestion from other developers reviewing his/ her code; performs other activities related to test automation as needed, including developing and maintaining test automation schedules (Bamboo) and maintaining and executing existing automated test scripts in other tools, like HP UFT.
- 2+ years of experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of Java, object-oriented programming, TestNG, Git & Maven
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid
- Understanding of Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Knowledge of SQL from a test automation perspective to create, modify, query test data based on complex test data requirements
- Ability to complete test automation tasks with little supervision
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and technical team members across the organization.
- Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with Atlassian Suite of tools (Bamboo, JIRA and Bitbucket)
- Experience in creating and managing build continuous integration tools like Jenkins/ Bamboo.
- Experience in developing test automation scripts and framework using UFT and VBScript
- Experience working with offshore development resources
- Experience with Artifactory
- Knowledge of distribution industry preferred
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
ThoughtFocus is a global company that brings together skilled professionals from many diverse industries and experiences. Within a broad framework of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, we encourage our associates to achieve and excel in ways they may never have imagined for themselves. Solving complicated client problems requires great people. ThoughtFocus is a firm built on the talent of its people. We work hard every day to nurture and expand the capabilities of our team members. As a member of the ThoughtFocus team you will be challenged every day to deliver innovative business solutions, elegant technology, and sophisticated business services focused on our clients end goals.
ThoughtFocus, a global IT consulting, product engineering, and business process management company, brings together skilled professionals from many diverse industries and experiences all oriented on our clients success.