We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Software Engineer on the Frostbite Cinematics team do?
We are currently looking for an engineer to join our team to help evolve one of the most artistic crafts in the game industry: Cinematics!
Frostbite's world-class games demand creative solutions to complex cinematics requirements. Whether cut scenes, interactive narratives, pre-rendered movies or procedural cameras, the Frostbite Cinematics team is building the tools to meet those needs. With a focus on artist-empowering workflows and streamlined runtime solutions, we expand the creative possibilities of our game teams.
The successful candidate will be part of a strong team that is passionate about supporting game designers, animators, and programmers, all while having fun. We are looking for an energetic candidate who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is a good communicator, and works well with others.
- Develop high quality tools and runtime technologies.
- Design, implement, test, debug and maintain code to coding standards.
- Support others using Frostbite Cinematics’ technologies.
- Collaborate with game teams to develop best solutions for cinematics and cameras.
- Follow Agile methodologies.
Required technical skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field.
- Proficient in C#.
- Familiar with C++.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineers’ code competently.
- Knowledge in domains such as animation, cameras, movies or VFX production.
- WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) development experience.
Why join us?
- Tackle strategic technology problems with an impact across all of EA.
- Work on leading edge technology and create high quality solutions.
- Work closely with multiple game teams across multiple genres.
- Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people.
- Good work/life balance.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.