This position requires excellent Object-Oriented programming and Design Pattern skills. We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do. The qualified candidate is someone who has a can-do attitude and is an innovative thinker.
Ultimate Software works in an agile environment where there are daily standups and code reviews, and constant communication within each self-managed cross functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Product Analysts and QA’s, as well as work closely and well with other team members are key components for success in this position.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Works in an agile environment to build Tax Engine application.
- Develops features related to importing tax information from external sources.
- Ensures accuracy of calculations to enable on-time payments to tax jurisdictions.
- Creates and executes unit and integration testing and results analysis.
- Debugs, troubleshoots and works with team members to resolve software defects.
- Creates reports that describe detected defects and possible causes.
- Provides feedback on product solutions, tools and other technical software features.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in a computer or engineering field (or foreign earned equivalent degree) plus at least 12 months of work experience in enterprise level agile software development using SQL, Visual Studio, OOP and C++ or C#. Coding test required. Remote employment available.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.