As a Software Engineer on Product and Cloud Resolution, you’ll be embedded on an agile development team consisting of 30+ people. You’ll get to work directly with other Developers, Product Analysts, Managers, and Directors, all of whom are dedicated to supporting our client’s complex technical issues and providing the Ultimate customer experience. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a Software Engineer and even help mentor others. As one of our team members, you will be part of our continued improvement and growth and expansion of coverage for our HR and Payroll Software Solution.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Develop a moderate functional knowledge for all of our supported products (Workforce Management, Payroll, Tax, Benefits…).
- Work directly with clients to resolve their technical issues.
- Be a leader on the team for issues involving your technical area of expertise.
- Work closely with team members for debugging issues and determining root cause.
- Work with core development team(s) to help explain issues and determine next actions.
- Proactively communicate with clients and team members to keep them apprised of issue status and any commitment dates.
- Mentor junior software engineers in your areas of expertise.
- Participate in cross-training to expand your technical skillset.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Working knowledge of full stack web development
- Experience working on mobile applications with iOS or Android
- 3+ years’ experience using Java and SQL
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Passion for cutting edge mobile technologies
- Clear communicator who works well in a team setting
- Workforce Management experience is strongly preferred
- Team work is a must
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related field
- No unique physical requirements
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]