Black Book is excited to announce the recruitment for a talented and motivated Software Engineer to join our Product Engineering team in Lawrenceville, GA. We are targeting a candidate 2-4 years out of school who has strong experience with Data Transformation.
Black Book has been delivering value to our clients for over 60 years. Whether it be through our printed, digital, web-based, or API products, our commitment and quality have driven and established Black Book as a leader in vehicle valuations for the automotive industry. Core to our business is our technology. Black Book is committed to staying on the leading edge of technology to ensure that we have the most accurate and timely valuations in the market.
This position will be joining an agile team of software and QA engineers to continue to deliver on that commitment through innovation.
Based in Lawrenceville, GA and reporting to the Director of Data Services and Analytics, the candidate will be key member of the team designing and implementing and core data systems within the Black Book organization. These systems are used by our organization to drive our business and help deliver the best value possible to our clients.
The responsibilities include:
- Creating data pipelines using Talend to deliver data to our clients and internal systems routinely
- Designing, developing, and implementing a serverless and scalable cloud-based architecture leveraging AWS and other cloud services
- Actively contribute to the team responsible for designing and implementation the next generation data platform for Black Book
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience developing enterprise applications
- Experience with data transformation and workflow tools (Talend, Kettle, SSIS, Informatica, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Object-oriented and dynamic languages like Java, C#, or TypeScript (Node.js)
- Strong understanding of any ANSI-SQL language (T-SQL, PL/SQL, PSQL, etc.)
- Ability to quickly research, learn, and apply new technologies
- Possess good oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge or experience using NoSQL technologies (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB) a plus
If you are interested please send Earl Ferguson; Recruitment Manager your resume for review. [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Its holdings include renowned brands such as Fitch Group, a leading global ratings agency; the Hearst Health network of market-leading healthcare companies First Databank, Zynx Health, MCG, Homecare Homebase and MedHOK, which provide care guidance to patients, hospitals, and insurers; and Hearst [...]