Join a community of doers, who values collaboration, open communication, and an exploratory approach to problem solving that sets us apart from other organizations. You’ll enjoy seeing your work ship quickly and watching your efforts help Zoosk continue to impact the lives of our over 38 million users worldwide.
- Design, code and maintain software libraries and APIs that drive Zoosk client applications, providing access to data, caching, job scheduling, business logic and messaging systems.
- Collaborate with product managers to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones.
- Identify opportunities to improve Zoosk software infrastructure.
- Research technologies, produce proof of concepts and integrate into production systems.
- Gather all user requirements from project managers or clients.
- Analyze these requirements and create a tech spec for all the technical changes required.
- Generate different Api endpoint in PHP to meet the user and client requirements.
- Create and update different SQL procedures to add and get data from the MySQL database.
- Deploy and monitor new changes using various tools.
- Create and update java services to store, process and get data from Cassandra.
- Perform work using Java, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Cucumber, Eclipse and other related technologies.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or closely related.
- At least 2 years of software engineering experience in the following:
- a) Building scalable, data-driven software systems;
- b) Working with relational databases, handling datasets of millions of rows; and,
- c) Working with Java, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Cucumber, Eclipse and other related technologies.
- All experience may be gained concurrently.
Zoosk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Zoosk’s Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it.
Zoosk is a leading online dating company in San Francisco founded by two engineers in 2007. After ten years, we have 40 million users in 80 countries exchanging millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
With the #1 grossing online dating app in the Apple App Store, Zoosk is a market leader in mobile dating. Zoosk’s Behavioral Matchmaking™ technology is constantly learning from the actions of over 35 million searchable members in order to deliver better matches in real time.