Software Development Engineering Internship
Software Development Engineering Internship
This internship is scheduled to start in March 2019
We are seeking to identify talent for future roles through this internship
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Software Development Engineering Intern will participate in a team environment to support a facets upgrade. May assist with programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment. May assist with database design and system testing. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program specializing in Computer Science/Systems or a related field. (Candidates who have completed their degree in the last nine months are also encouraged to apply.)
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience and/or have completed an internship
- Highly effective oral and written communication; ability to understand complex designs and relationships
- Demonstrated academic experience, including development projects, with one or more of the following key technologies: Java, J2EE, .NET(must have), Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience in building APIs or integrating with APIs is a plus
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners
- Able to take direction from others, ask appropriate questions, execute the direction and checking in when appropriate
- Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues
- Communicate effectively with peers
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Able to learn continuous integration practices
- Able to work with minimum direction
- Able to plan and manage own work
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must have U.S. work authorization
Successful candidates will:
- Be results-oriented, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Have a strong bias for action, and a take charge attitude
- Apply the latest technology to develop innovative solutions and assist in quality assurance
- Create design proposals and proof of concept samples for review with internal stakeholders
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to design and develop smart-phone and tablet applications
- Develop efficient and maintainable program code
- Develop efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving simple business problems
- Provide consulting support for Engineering and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving technical programming problems
- Meet established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Develop simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives
- Prepare system test plans, test criteria, and test data
- Develops innovative solutions to problems
- Understand and participate in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles
- Participate in program design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for assigned work
- Take initiative and seeks out work
- Assist with preparing program, system, operational and User documentation
- Perform testing and documents the result
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]