Launched in 2002 as Expedia Corporate Travel, Egencia has become the fifth largest travel management company in the world because of our commitment to delivering a higher standard of corporate travel service and innovative technology. Our success is directly attributed to our customers' ability to move their businesses ahead, through their valued relationships with our company and more importantly, with our people. Lead by an experienced, forward-thinking management team, Egencia has continued to expand its offering of intuitive on-line tools and comprehensive agency services while maintaining its reputation for superior customer service.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team of experienced software developers. Responsibilities span web development and backend travel services as well as multiple languages including Java, C++, and .NET. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate their deep technical knowledge, real passion for solving real-world business problems and dedication to innovative thinking to ensure Egencia continues to be the technology leader in the corporate travel space.
The position requires an understanding of the technical concepts of Egencia's global systems as well as the larger ecosystem of Expedia Inc. systems that we are a part of and interact with.
- Design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable applications.
- Translate functional specs into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems.
- Commit to advancing the team’s design methodology and quality programming practices.
- 3+ years development experience
- Technical competency in developing high-performance, scalable web applications
- Experience solving complex interop issues across languages
- The ability to translate functional specifications into high-performance technical designs and code. Provide code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-orientated programming techniques.
- Ability to help define technical and architecture strategy for their team by working with other technology leaders across the organization.
- Experience with a service oriented architecture
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members in different time zones and cultures
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Who are we:
We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
We believe in the Scientific Method. Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
We act as One Team. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We share your passion for travel. And, like any good traveler, we’re fueled by curiosity and a desire to find a better way to get where we are going. Our teams are emboldened by a "Test & Learn" culture that encourages learning from all outcomes, not simply rewarding the positive ones. We combine [...]