HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve complex problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Audible Financial Services (AFS aka Bailey) team is chartered to build the next generation of Royalty Processing and Contracts Management Platform. This includes building and scaling a global contracts platform to build innovative deals for our publishers and ensuring accurate and timely processing of Royalty for several million transactions every day. Candidates who delight in evolving technology platforms, working on highly distributed systems and obsess over customer success should apply. This opportunity is not for an order taker. You will be involved in the overall vision, culture and direction of the team. Successful candidates will enjoy working in collaborative, randomized and fast-paced environments.
As an engineer on our team, you will own software in all phases of the software life-cycle from architecture and design through deployment and release. You will help create scale-able, global applications. You will also build applications to automate manual process of validations and scale the applications to meet capacity needs. You will learn about Audibles core Financial Technologies, interact with other teams to build optimized systems, and have autonomy to deliver software which impacts multiple large and small Publishers, globally.
· Work independently on a small, agile engineering team and execute on your great ideas
· Write amazing, maintainable & scalable code
· Partner with business stakeholders, Product Managers to imagine, Design, Develop, Test, and Launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers
· Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table
· Integrates and communicates fairly complex information within the specialization
· Devises solutions based on limited information and uses past experience or precedent to identify solutions or to adapt existing approaches to resolve issues
Audible is the world’s largest seller and producer of audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment, enriching the lives of our millions of listeners every day. With our customer-centric approach to technological innovation and superior programming, Audible has reinvented a media category, and is [...]