1) assess our business problem and then
2) architect a solution using the native ServiceNow platform and framework,
3) create or direct others to create workflows, dashboards, and external integrations using standard ServiceNow functions,
4) in some cases write Java or other which may run within a container or within ServiceNow to interface with other systems, such as network equipment or enterprise databases.
This individual would have the opportunity to become a ServiceNow SME and leader across the CIO network domain, initially leading projects in the Security and Compliance organization, then toward solving our business needs beyond the Security and Compliance organization.
This opportunity represents a mix of software development skills and architecture skills applied in the application of the industry's leading IT Service Management (ServiceNow) platform to solving business problems. The knowledge acquired would be highly valuable beyond this role. This role represents an opportunity for someone with proven software development skills, who perhaps has had limited architecture and total solution creation roles, to take on an architecture role.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- We are looking for an experienced Java developer with Docker and container experience to write microservices and small Java processes that will run in a Docker/Kubernetes environment.
- Experience with APIs, REST, and stateless machines required.
- Business acumen
- Communications, Presentations and Documentation skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Architecture expertise
- ServiceNow experience
- Basic knowledge of network components, network architectures, network operations
- Basic knowledge of IT security concepts
- Basic knowledge of what organizations typically generically do to ensure their IT security
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]