Software Dev Engineer
AWS Software Dev Engineer
Portland, OR or Lewiston, ID
Responsibilities & Requirements
This position participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of application systems. Responsible for programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment. Generally responsible for database design and system testing. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Accountabilities in this role include:
- Develops efficient and maintainable program code.
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving simple business problems.
- Provides consulting support for Engineering and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving technical programming problems.
- Continuously seeks to improve job skills. Actively participates in the company's learning environment.
- Works on compensating for personal limits in both technical and professional soft skills.
- Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Develops simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
- Prepares system test plans, test criteria, and test data.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems.
- Understands and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles.
- Determines program design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for assigned work.
- Takes initiative and seeks out work.
- Prepares program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Performs testing and documents the results.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within IT/Engineering as well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards created by Cambia. Those include, but are not limited to, technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting, regular participation in team, regular one on one meetings with Lead or Manager, and providing work estimates and regular time tracking.
- Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirement analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing, and documentation.
- May be responsible for on-call duties as defined by management.
Your professional experience and education should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field and relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development. Experience will typically include significant involvement with multiple of the following key technologies: AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, Route53, ALB), SQL Statement generation, Unix Scripting, Node.js. Python, Java, PySpark, Airflow, OpenSource, SQLAlchemy, MySQL, SQLServer, Ansible or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers.
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
- Able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to work with minimum direction.
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work.
- Communicate effectively with peers.
- Exposure to Agile and Test Driven Development including unit test creation.
- Follow corporate and department coding standards and guidelines.
- Ability to become technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Deployment practices.
- Exposure to AWS required.
- Exposure to defensive programming.
This position is available at level I or II DOE.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions. We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members.
We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]