Job Description - Software Automation Engineer
Business Introduction (Bangalore centre)
The McAfee mission is simple: to relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
Working across the entire consumer and corporate cyber security space - including cloud, network and endpoint security, data and web protection, to name a few - and utilizing our world-class threat and malware research, McAfee is laser focused on designing and building the best-in-class, robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in.
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about software testing, has a strong interest in cyber-security and data protection, and wants to join our team as a Software QA Automation Engineer to help drive the high quality of our corporate encryption product family.
Not a week goes by without reports of data breaches and leaks of customer data from large corporations – our encryption products protect against data loss and are deployed worldwide in large organizations in both public and private sectors.
Working at our Bangalore development centre, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software testing and validation, be able to think like a user and code like a coder in order to define and code creative test scenarios, and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s enterprise business that protects our customers’ data (and that of their customers).
Roles and responsibilities
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
McAfee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- You will write Test Automation code to efficiently validate our enterprise data protection product set from a functional, scale, performance and security perspective
- You will use Python and other languages (as appropriate) when you are coding test cases, along with technologies such as (but not limited to) VNC, OCR and virtualization
- You will work within a Bangalore/UK development team to create automated test strategies
- You will define detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases which are streamlined for automation
- You will actively measure code coverage of the automation tests in order to identify areas of focus, and other metrics to identify areas of brittleness in the automation code, producing dashboards to provide data to the team
- You will propose and create innovative solutions to automating software testing in a performant and scalable fashion
- You will need to identify and document product defects that you find, and work closely with the development team to help them resolve the defects
- You will write automated regression tests to ensure that defects to not reoccur
- We will help you stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- We will ask you to help optimize the software testing process and procedures to make them more efficient
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Applications with 4 years of work experience
- Experience in a Software Test Automation role programming in Python
- Exposure to variety of Operating Systems (Windows Server, Windows desktop, Mac)
- Experience of TestComplete, Selenium, PyWinAuto or similar Test Automation frameworks
- Experience of Gherkin for BDD
- Excellent partnership and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including Dev and QA teams, Program/Product managers, Technical Publications and other Project Stakeholders.
- A keen interest/experience in improving efficiency in software testing.
- Understanding of risk-based testing or other approaches to increase efficiency.
- Able to adapt positively to project changes, and multitask.
- Working knowledge of Software Development principles and methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core