Stanley Black & Decker is a worldwide supplier of Tools, Hardware and Security Solutions for Professional, Industrial and Consumer use. Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world’s most recognized and trusted brand names and has earned a reputation for excellence and quality. Our record of achievement is the result of dedicated and enthusiastic people who work together in pursuit of challenging goals and objectives.
At STANLEY Convergent Security Solutions, we are “For Those Who Make The World Safer”. We represent a network of over 75 security offices, serving over 300,000 customers across North America. Our culture is dedicated to excellence. We have the training, the equipment, and the processes to deliver the finest security solutions in the industry. We’re growing fast, driving change, and working at the forefront of an industry that is on the move.
Stanley Security is experiencing growth and our small to medium commercial sales division is ready to expand in markets throughout the United States. The opportunity has never been better for motivated sales professionals to join our team!
As a Stanley Small Business Sales Consultant you will be responsible to generate sales from company leads and self-generated prospects in an assigned territory.
• Identify and qualify customer needs through consultation with prospective buyers/end users.
• Develop and maintain an active lead generation plan within the assigned territory
• Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog
• Provide timely and effective sales presentations to prospective customers.
• Conduct site surveys to identify effective product/system solutions to meet customer needs
• Deliver accurate and timely estimates to prospective customers
• Develop and execute a personal business development plan to meet sales objectives
• Adhere to general Organizational policies and procedures
• Maintain customer relationship management system (SalesForce.com).
• Develop and Maintain strong working knowledge of all product offerings within the Small to Medium Enterprise product solution line
• Effectively communicate the Stanley value proposition
• Consistently meet or exceed sales targets established by leadership.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year plus experience of proactively “hunting” for sales/leads, quickly establishing rapport with prospective customers, and closing sales to meet/exceed sales quotas
- Valid driver’s license
- Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Territory account management, outside sales and territory development
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
This role may require occasional travel. Hours will vary depending on the needs of the business. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position will require travel and overnight trips.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and work on a computer; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.