SI0700: Service Technician
Stanley Access Technologies is recognized as an industry leader in the manufacturing, installation and servicing of automatic doors. Our growing product and service offerings have driven significant growth for our service business. Join our world class team of diligent problem solvers, innovators, fresh thinkers and communicators who excite and inspire others. We are looking for energetic, detail oriented leaders that focus on execution, meet commitments, break through turf issues, and have a passion to exceed customer expectations.
With over 150 years in business, Stanley is one of the world’s most recognized and trusted brand names for tools, hardware, doors and home décor products. In addition to joining a world class organization, as a member of the Stanley Team, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and solid opportunities for growth.
To service and perform preventative maintenance as required for Stanley Automatic Door Operating Equipment and other electro/mechanical equipment as may be sold or serviced by the branch.
• Perform service and repair work as designated in profitable and proper manner. Record productive time versus travel time.
• Perform preventive maintenance work in accordance with service program designated for specific customer.
• Maintain accurately all work records and parts used at each job in accordance with established procedure.
• Keep updated on all changes/modifications to Stanley equipment and Ansi156.10 standard as notified through published communications.
• Keep manuals and all details up to date as changes are advised.
• Maintain company vehicles, tools and other property in proper manner.
• Present neat and clean appearance personally and in workmanship, in accordance with company policies.
• Maintain adequate parts inventory for service vehicle; keep inventory log.
• Test equipment before leaving job site; perform safety check.
• Maintain good customer relations and customer service
• Other duties as may be required.
• Assist and instruct others in install / service methods.
• Model, foster and drive the Stanley values including Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Vision, Stretch, Boundaryless and Speed.
• HS Diploma or Equivalent is required.
• Associates Degree in related electrical, mechanical, industrial field preferred
• Prior experience servicing automated doors highly preferred
• Prior experience in electrical, HVAC, Construction, or Communication Field preferred
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently
• Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver's License.
• Ability to lift and/or carry weight from 50-75 lbs.
• Flexible work schedule is a must with the ability to work nights and/or weekends as necessary.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.