Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is an 11 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, mechanical access solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
The Embedded Service Technician provides field service deliverables related to security system deployments in a variety of environments on different types of systems. This may include both hardware and software related deliverables. Basic troubleshooting and repair methodologies are employed daily. Customer service aptitude and attitude is essential in the performance of duties, as well, exhibiting highly developed skills in communication with all levels of system users.
- Field service position for access control, intrusion, CCTV and other security systems.
- Must be dedicated and career oriented in a customer service environment
- Will perform scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems by inspecting, adjusting, cleaning, and calibrating systems and testing equipment to ensure it's in satisfactory working order.
- Performs routine troubleshooting, repair and maintenance procedures for hardware and application software
- Provides system configuration for desired operational routines in various application programs
- Assist in planning schedules, laying out basic electronic equipment installations, and assist in the installation, testing and commissioning of new system installations.
- Must have aptitude and desire to perform advanced troubleshooting, programming and configuration associated with industry software packages, operating systems and hardware.
- Present a professional image in personal appearance.
- Perform work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
- Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
- Keep abreast of changes and new developments in products and technology.
- Attend and complete training programs as requested.
- Maintain company propriety documentation in accordance with established policies; handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adhere to and supports Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, Inc. policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- 3 + years industry experience with electronic security systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid state driver’s license, without restrictions
- Vocational/Technical Degree in electrical, security or computer systems preferred
- Experience with electronic systems to board level desired
- ProWatch Certification preferred
- CCTV IP experience highly preferred
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.