Lastline, Inc. provides innovative AI-powered network security products that detect and defeat advanced threats attempting to enter and operate within a network. We protect network, email, cloud, and web infrastructures, minimizing the risk of damaging and costly data breaches with fewer resources and at lower cost. Headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Lastline’s technology is used by Global 5000 enterprises, is offered directly and through resellers and security service providers, and is integrated into leading third-party security technologies worldwide. www.lastline.com
About the Job:
The Lastline Product Management Team is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product life-cycle, including: defining product vision, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, as well as working closely with Sales, R&D, Marketing and customers to ensure successful product releases and high customer satisfaction.
We are seeking a technically strong individual with a product mindset, to join our team as the Senior Technical Product Manager. As a natural problem solver, you will possess a solid leadership foundation with deep expertise in Network Security to help us drive new network detection use cases.
You will be a hands-on, technically proficient, team player who can lead, define and deliver innovative solutions with a particular focus around the network security ecosystem encompassing IDS/IPS, Firewalls and Web/Email Gateways. Combining your knowledge of how threat actors operate and a clear understanding of the network security ecosystem, you will lead the charge for the continued dominance of Lastline as a network security leader.
You are comfortable working very closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to remove obstacles and ensure timely delivery.
This position will offer opportunities to work closely with Fortune 500 and mid-sized customers, understand their security challenges and offer innovative solutions to constantly stay ahead of the adversary. In addition, you will be working with a team that has significant expertise in machine learning/AI to solve complex security detection challenges.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide clear guidance for technical features and use cases to engineering based on hand-on exploration or a technical deep dive.
- Provide insights by working with customers in their production environment - understanding the full security ecosystem i.e. other network detection products, SIEM, response platforms and prevention controls.
- Provide competitive intelligence to ensure marketing and sales have the most up-to-date technical product information on the network based detection market.
- Prepare demos and customer use case scenarios by replicating real-world scenarios with the product use cases - providing sales teams with end-to-end demos on new features with every product release.
- Define and drive Lastline's network security integration strategy based on the threat landscape, competitive analysis, and customer needs.
- Provide input on product definition, requirements analysis, documentation of requirements, and product positioning.
- Work closely with leadership and development teams to develop and maintain a product roadmap.
- Validate product direction by interacting with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Produce product collateral and messaging, and partner with sales and marketing to accelerate go-to-market.
- Constantly evangelize the network security vision, roadmap plans and product decisions so all stakeholders are aligned and have context.
Must-Have Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of product related experience in enterprise security and at least 2 of those years in network security.
- Deep understanding of network security and solid understanding of network protocols, network architecture and network models.
- Experience with network security products (as product manager or in some technical capacity) such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, web/email gateway.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with security products and a real passion for diving deep on technical problems.
- Experience with email security - malware, phishing, business email compromise.
- Some experience with the lifecycle of product releases, from planning, gathering requirements, prioritization to working with development for building the product, and training sales.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate the product and technology to both internal and external audiences.
- Excellent collaboration and consensus building skills.
If you have a strong enterprise network security background, with razor-sharp instincts about what makes a good security product, and you are passionate about making an industry-wide impact and driving projects from concept through implementation to successfully delivery, then we want to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive salary packages!
We're serious about network security and threat protection - and we have the proof. Our three co-founders are some of the most influential security experts in the world! We know our stuff. With these expertise and our passion to improve cybersecurity, Lastline is revolutionizing the way companies [...]