Are you a high-performing Software Engineer with a real passion for developing groundbreaking web applications that impact human life? Are you a self-starter who knows how to be successful in a small, agile team environment? Do you care deeply about product quality, end-user experience and all of the details that make it possible? Do you enjoy sharing your forward-thinking ideas and having fun with your co-workers every day?
Ultimate Software is growing their innovative product development team in San Francisco. Enjoy a fast-growing startup type of environment with the stability and award-winning People First culture.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
Works on an agile development team that builds, and changes features for Ultimate Software’s Perception product. Works as a full stack engineer with front-end (AngularJS) and back-end technologies (Python). Work with various database systems (MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch) as necessary to meet feature needs and delight our Customers.
UltiPro Perception uses AI and NLP for collecting and understanding employee engagement survey feedback, helping businesses enhance the employee experience and improve performance.
Learn More about UltiPro Perception at https://bit.ly/2WbeNNt
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Strong front-end skills, particularly in Angular-JS or any JS --- 3+ years
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming and MVC concepts --- 3+ years of educational
- MySQL or other relational database experience --- 3+ year
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Passionate for code quality and keeping customer experience in mind.
- Full-stack engineering experience
- Great teammate and collaborator
- Detail oriented, problem solver, and self-driven
- Ability to understand the “why” and think from a user's perspective
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or other equivalent work experience.
- Python 2.7 and above
- Understanding of Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with Asynchronous tasks or concurrent programming
- Familiarity with Git
- Ability to write good unit and integrated tests
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Less than 10 %
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]