- Apply strong problem-solving skills to develop and design software modules and services to enhance and build out our current and next generation payroll software as a service platform.
- Contributes to our agile development team to build, grow and enhance our flagship, cloud-based enterprise feature set.
- Ensures that what the team delivers behaves in an accurate, stable, resilient, secure and performant manner.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting and root cause analysis to production issues that are escalated to the team.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Is an active member of a fast-paced, agile development team.
- Designs, codes and tests individual stories that, when combined, create a major feature or product.
- Collaborates with fellow engineers and business analysts to derive the best solutions to feature designs and defect resolutions.
- Performs peer code reviews with constructive feedback to continually improve our offerings.
- Researches, troubleshoots and provides the team leader solution options regarding critical defects and high priority escalations.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on technical design, best practices, and solutions
- Assists with hotfix, service pack and major release deployments.
- Assists in firefighting production issues when needed.
- Responsible, along with fellow engineers, for team ownership of the shared core build process.
- Continues to learn new skills, techniques, technologies and industry trends in the field.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Front End and Back end development experience.
- Development experience with the following languages & Technology
- RBMS/Document database experience
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years full time experience with enterprise-scale software development and deployment using the tools and skills cited above.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment while being able to work independently to plan and accomplish goals.
- Accountable for asking questions to understand the business' requirements and priorities.
- Always strives to find empathy for the team, for the people using our software, for the other teams who have to support what we do (e.g., customer success, sales, marketing), and for that person three years from now who’s trying to fix a bug in something we built.
- Loves to work on a team of people with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Does not mind being wrong.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]