Interviewing is a universal experience, but it is no one’s job
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Engineering at Karat
We've all been through technical interviews (one side or the other). As a member of Karat's engineering team, you'll work on key innovations to the Karat interviewing infrastructure with engineers who care about the product, their craftsmanship, and the team. We usually work in Ruby and Python, taking care to thoroughly test and continuously deploy our code
- Own projects from design to release
- Lay the foundation for our new systems while revamping the old
- Build up junior engineers through direct mentorship and strategic processes
- Remain flexible enough to handle all of the unknowns that come with growth in the company
- A belief in our mission and crave consequential responsibility
- A passion for software craftsmanship and the humility to be wrong
- A love for high-performance teams and a desire to build one
- Experience interviewing, teaching, and mentoring
- Experience working on a modern web development stack
- Strong experience in a dynamic language used for web development, such as Ruby, Python, or Go
- Experience working on web apps - you know how HTTP, Rest, and web security works
- At home in a Unix/Linux workflow
- Experience in devops/infrastructure
- Comfortable presenting at events or conferences
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Interviewing today is oftentimes unstructured, time-intensive and prone to bias. The technical interview process has become a burden for companies and frustrating for candidates. At Karat, we've combined rich data and research with our shared experiences across engineering, recruiting and [...]