At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. Join us as a Senior Software Engineer to own significant chunks of our architecture, design and build systems at scale, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
In a typical week as a Senior Software Engineer, you might:
- Solve a scaling bottleneck in a critical service
- Deploy a new feature to production, progressively rolling it out with feature flags
- Mentor other engineers on your team
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- Give feedback on a new architecture RFC
- With your team, plan the most important projects to work on next
- You have been building applications for 3+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant backend programming experience in one or more languages
- You can design architecture to solve problems at high scale
- You care about code simplicity and performance
- You have operated systems that you built
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You wrote your own data pipelines once or twice before
- You have a strong background in statistics
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python
The women of Datadog help empower each other through monthly women’s lunches, after work events, and the Womenofdatadog Slack channel. Datadog also offers a mentor and buddy program, financial advisory services, our volunteer Datadog Cares initiatives, discretionary time off to help create a work-life balance, 12 weeks of maternity leave (fully paid), and covers a portion of fertility treatments.