Senior Security Operations Specialist
The role will be part of Security Operations department, acting as the last level of escalation for investigating security incidents. The role will ensure the security alerts/incidents escalated from L2 will be deep analyzed, provide a resolution, identify root cause and propose measures to prevent further occurrence. Also the role will be responsible in ensuring intelligence data is gathered and corrective actions are taken to minimize further occurrence.
- Act as the ultimate escalation point for L1/L2 analyst. The L3 analyst will ensure that effective escalation to wider EA Security teams takes place as necessary.
- Act as analyst SME for security tools deployed across organization.
- Provide in depth analysis of security alerts and where necessary make recommendations to the Incident Response team to improve EA security posture.
- Review L1/L2 activities and actively provide feedback and support.
- Monitor external data sources (e.g., cyber defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams) to maintain currency of cyber defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Provides cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
- Assist in the construction of signatures which can be implemented on cyber defense tools in response to new or observed threats
- Partner with security teams to provide guidance and support in implementing new projects.
- Participate in global security or IT projects ensuring security operations objectives are met.
- Periodically review the incident response process and propose improvements.
- Identify and monitor relevant operational metrics.
- Experience teaching and mentoring others in technical and analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of operational and security processes/controls (e.g., vulnerability management, patch management, configuration management, access management, etc.).
Experience and skills:
- Proven track record in similar roles
- Deep knowledge of security operations tools - SIEM, endpoint security tools, Intrusion detection
- Good understanding of security processes and SOC activities
- Experience with threat assessment, vulnerability analysis, risk assessment, information gathering, correlating and reporting
- Experience conducting malware analysis
- Knowledge of computer forensic best practices and industry standard methodologies for acquiring and handling of digital evidence, required.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills, required
- Ability to self-learn and maintain a strong proficiency in technical tools, countermeasures and techniques.
- Ability to identify both tactical and strategic solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.