Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that providing superior support and solutions for our customers drives our success, and we want to put you behind the wheel. As the Senior IT Project Manager, you will manage complex projects to ensure the successful implementation of technology solutions to support business objectives. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Serve as the central communication link to all project stakeholders by providing timely generation and distribution of project information
- Explain technical project solution designs, labor estimates and project schedules to business partners and the client or stakeholders
- Manage the acquisition process to obtain goods and services required for the project, such as procurement planning, RFP preparation, source selection and contract negotiation/administration
- Identify organizational changes that must occur; coordinate the development and implementation of appropriate communication and training programs for impacted departments/staff to support the new system
- Provide effective leadership and management of the project team, including organizational planning, staff acquisition and team development
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 7 years of cross-functional business experience, including one or more of the following: technical project management, warehousing and/or transportation management, IT solutions development or managing customer relationships
- 7 years of direct project management experience on medium to large technology projects, i.e., experience managing 6 or more people for 9 or more months to complete a project while working within a defined project management methodology and standard project practices
- Working knowledge of basic business/accounting principles and transportation management
- Broad range of enterprise-level data/voice network and infrastructure knowledge
- Strong negotiation and budget management skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Leadership and project management training
- Experience with vendor management
Be part of something big. #LI-ED1
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Named one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune magazine, XPO is a global leader in logistics and transportation, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to successful companies around the globe. Our 100,000 talented employees work at over 1,500 locations in 32 countries. We’re [...]