Are you looking for the chance to drive product marketing and content creation for the fastest growing data platform company in the world? Then look no further. MongoDB was the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years, and its business is growing at ~50% year-on-year.
The company has been incredibly successful at driving adoption of our database to the developer community, and we continue to make major investments to sustain our momentum in this segment of the market. To further accelerate growth we have also developed products that move beyond the database. This includes a serverless app development environment with MongoDB Stitch, and an embedded database for mobile and IoT clients with MongoDB Mobile. So we are seeking a high calibre product marketing manager with experience of developer tools to further strengthen the Product Marketing team.
In this role, you need to be versatile. You’ll be responsible for creating product positioning, messaging. cross-sell and Go-To-Market initiatives that span all key influencers and decision makers – from developers to senior technical decision makers through to Line-of-Business executives.
You’ll be a core part of an energetic and globally distributed team that reports to the Senior Director of Products and Markets. As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will have ongoing opportunities to help develop messaging and thought leadership content to broaden your understanding of app development and data management, and build your experience in the fastest growing sector of the technology industry.
- Develop – Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing to create the strategic and tactical marketing plan to build and execute product marketing programs across multiple audiences. You will analyze and identify market opportunities along with customer pain points to highlight the value MongoDB products can bring
- Content – Develop value propositions, messaging, case studies, and collateral that supports developer engagement through to high touch strategic sales activities across our enterprise and corporate sales teams. You will lead the translation of technology capabilities into impactful product and solutions benefits that demonstrate business value.
- Sales enablement – Train our internal sales team and partners on products, market landscape, and use-cases
- External audiences – Engage directly with customers in support of sales cycles. Drive awareness and desire of MongoDB app development and mobile products by presenting at industry conferences, and assuming role of spokesperson to the press and analyst community
- Manage – lifecycles, product positioning in the marketplace, monitor key business metrics and results, monitor market and competitive trends
- ROI – Evaluate the ROI of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement
- Adoption and performance of product portfolio, including influence on MongoDB cloud services revenue
- Content effectiveness (registrations/downloads/views/shares/comments)
- Adoption of enablement materials across our self-serve and sales channels
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in developer tools marketing, with a broad knowledge of developer communities and their role in enterprise technology selection, aligning with senior technology buyers
- Ability to create persona-based content that addresses developers, senior technical decision makers, and Line of Business execs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead with a point of view and produce stellar writing under tight deadlines
- Prior work experience or proven ability to quickly pick up the market and technology landscape in which MongoDB competes is expected
- Demonstrated success in marketing industry-leading products and services to developers and senior audiences, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so
- A can-do attitude and proven ability to collaborate with and influence business and technical audiences across Developer Advocacy, Sales, and Marketing
- A very low ego-to-talent ratio
- BA/BS degree preferred, however candidates with relevant experience should not hesitate to apply
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*