BE authentic. BE influential. BE the expert. Be all that and more at Colliers International. Join our Consulting team as a Senior Planner in Vancouver, BC.
At Colliers International, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Who you are
You will be responsible for providing research, policy and analytical support to the Consulting Team. You will also provide policy context for development solutions and to assist with Development Management services. You are an expert at managing tight timelines, client relationships, and industry connections. You use your analytical skills to deliver accurate reports and proposals, and tap into your creative side when undertaking marketing efforts to win new business.
What you bring
- Masters degree in Planning or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in a planning or related real estate industry.
- Understanding of legal land use framework for mixed use and medium to high density development projects.
Bonus skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience with urban land economics, including proforma development, with emphasis upon community amenity/affordable housing tradeoffs and impacts upon density/development.
- Considerable experience in the development review process inclusive of project messaging/rationale and community engagement.
- Well-developed oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication, with the ability to effectively interact at all organizational levels.
What success looks like
- You undertake Planning projects as the Project Lead, working with other Consulting Staff and providing liaison with clients.
- You manage team resources, timeline, budget, as well as mentor junior staff and contribute to building the consulting team.
- You Provide Development Management services including: seeking proposals from sub consultants, coordination of meetings, documenting action outcomes, liaison with client, liaison with Civic Staff and politicians, cost control, project budget development, and monitoring.
BE who you are and what you want to be with Colliers International. We’d love to meet you. Apply today to join our team.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
Colliers is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Colliers encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at [email protected] .