Tanium is seeking a world-class Senior Manager of Partner Sales Strategy & Operations to support the Global Channels & Alliances (‘Partner’) organization in every aspect of the design and execution of go-to-market strategy.
As the primary business partner to the VP of Global Channels & Alliances and their directs, this position will be expected to provide strategic thought leadership and operational support to drive success and effectiveness throughout the business. Partner Sales Strategy focuses on strategic planning, partner coverage, partner forecasting and analytics, and recommendations to drive optimization and productivity.
This role will directly lead and influence the growth of Tanium and will be expected to own projects such as design and manage forecasting, development of KPIs, develop and administer incentive plans, and work with Partner and Sales leadership to continuously drive process improvement and alignment.
The Senior Manager of Partner Sales Strategy & Operations will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization, including Tanium’s Chief Sales Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, CEO, and CFO.
This role requires a passionate and curious leader who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced environment. This person must love to dive deep into data and can communicate results and analyses to all levels and audiences. This role will report directly to the Head of Sales Strategy & Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Forecasting, Strategy, and Insights
- Deliver timely, accurate, and actionable business insights including the development of KPIs and measurement thereof, decision-support, strategic project / program management and and assist in annual planning processes.
- Embed Partner forecasting into regional and global sales cadences including regional and national forecasting calls, finance reviews and other key Partner and sales reporting.
- Support Partner sales strategy for new country/market development.
- Partner Compensation plans
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of incentive compensation programs for Partner sales teams working cross-functionally with Finance and HR as needed.
- Partner cross-functionally to support the equitable assignment of Partner sales quotas and ensure quotas are optimally allocated to all sales, channels and sales resources.
- Partner Incentive Programs
- Work with Partner teams to develop effective Partner incentive programs, including financial modelling to assess ROI.
- Work with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to provide assistance with Partner sales incentive compensation administration and to clarify the application of policies and procedures.
- Primary point of contact and lead to provide guidance on Partner discounting structures and global pricing models.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of Partner sales reports and other business insights essential to the sales and Partner organization. Develop new, and recommend revisions to existing, reports or assist in the development of new reporting tools. Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office, and data interpretation is critical.
- Develop, monitor and maintain Partner SFDC hygiene. Develop clear guidelines for the ongoing maintenance of Partner SFDC hygiene and work with Sales, Partner organization and Enablement to drive adherence to developed requirements.
- Global Process Improvement and Consistency
- Proactively identify opportunities for Partner sales process improvement and drive global consistency. Work closely with Partner and Sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assist Partner and Sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Work with regional sales operations leads to drive a consistent Partner sales operations process and user experience.
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required; MBA or CPA/public accounting background a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive sales strategy and operations experience required; 10-12 years preferred
- Proven ability to lead complex cross functional projects required; people management preferred
- Expert presentation skills with ability to build compelling presentations and advanced excel modeling skills
- Strong executive presence
- Strategic, quantitative and operational mindset with consulting background preferred
- Experience with Salesforce
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example and holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership, and champions all aspects of our business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and global environment
- Data driven with analytical outlook on role
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.
Tanium was founded by father and son entrepreneurs, David and Orion Hindawi, who wanted to solve a seemingly impossible problem facing the world’s biggest companies: how to see and manage their millions of endpoints around the world in a matter of seconds. Today, our platform is being used [...]