Our Information Services (IS) team is looking for a Senior Manager in the field of Information Technology to oversee End User Support and the IT Service Desk. Responsible for managing and advancing support of end user service requests and computing issues. The individual leads day to day operations for multiple teams globally. Implements operational best practices and continuous Service Management improvement. Ensures service levels are met and client satisfaction is achieved. Provides technical expertise for both tactical and strategic initiatives. Ensures IT processes are service oriented and business focused. Provides detail and summary reporting for key metrics. Leads, mentor and develops team members.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead global teams providing IT service desk and technical end user support
- Monitor for continuous service and process improvement
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key metrics, KPIs, including user satisfaction, average response time, mean time to repair, incident avoidance, call deflection and end user productivity
- Deliver end user service projects on time with high quality standards; operate within budget
- Ensure “How To’s” and FAQs are documented and organized in a knowledge repository for user reference
- Coordinate and deliver technical support as needed for corporate, business and other remote site events
- Drive service desk efficiencies, ITIL, and continual process improvement across the IS organization
- Promote self-service tools, automation, catalog of services and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve service levels, end user satisfaction and productivity
- Perform trend analyses and develop action plans for improving productivity, service responsiveness and cost efficiencies
- Stay current in end user support, management, technologies, sourcing, compliance, policies and procedures
- Ensure standards are followed; provide evidence for internal and external audits
- Oversee the provisioning, deployment, management and tracking of all end user equipment
- Manage device lifecycle replacement; maintain unit forecasts
- Develop Risk Mitigation strategies and Business Continuity plans
- Lead direct reports and their technical teams, provide challenging assignments, training and career opportunities
- Develop department goals, objectives, and operating budgets
- 8+ years leadership experience within IT Operations; at least three years as a Sr. Manager
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to supervise, lead, coach, motivate and work through others to achieve desired results
- Experience in project planning, implementation and management
- Experience supporting multi-OS platforms (Windows, MAC, Mobile); physical devices and VDIs
- Highly extroverted, engaging person that builds relationships based on trust and delivering on promises
- Strong customer service mindset and knows the meaning of service excellence
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple/disparate projects at the same time
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Science or Business Administration
- Relevant technical and process certifications (ITIL, HDI)
- No unique physical demands are required for this job
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.