Senior Manager, Distribution & Operations
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Our Distribution & Operations team within the CBS Digital Media group is charged with distribution and monetization of premium CBS content across the spectrum of digital partnerships and business models. These include our direct-to-consumer subscription service CBS All Access, ad-supported streaming across our CBS digital properties and CBS Audience Network partner sites such as YouTube, MSN and Yahoo, transactional digital storefronts such as iTunes and Amazon, as well as digital MVPD products and partnerships.
We are a diverse and agile group that works in an exciting and fast-paced environment, working cross-functionally across different departments and partnering with multiple technology/distribution partners to ensure that we deliver CBS content to consumers, however and wherever they want to consume it.
The Senior Manager within the Distribution & Operations team will help manage the daily operations and needs across AVOD and different distribution partnerships. We are seeking an experienced self-starter who is passionate about both television entertainment and technology to join the team. The Senior Manager will also regularly work on competitive industry research and other varying projects aimed to help drive growth and revenue.
- Manage relationships with partners to cultivate our ongoing AVOD and distributor relationships
- Manage day-to-day partnership maintenance: liaise with partners to strategize and grow partnership, solve issues, and field any ad hoc partner requests
- Maintain key metric reporting and revenue analyses to help drive strategy and identify opportunities for synergy and revenue growth
- Partner with Business Development, Business Intelligence, Monetization, Social and Content Strategy teams to help grow streams and direct sales/sponsorship revenue tied to AVOD partnerships
- Work cross-functionally across CBS Interactive teams and divisions to help drive stream and revenue growth across AVOD partnerships
- Work closely with content strategy, editorial, and video operations to help strategize and execute on promotions supporting various show launches
- Partner with Business Development and Finance to continue to track performance and strategize on monetization opportunities
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, economics or media communications
- 5+ years previous experience in a Partnership Management or Operations role within a media company
- A demonstrated understanding of digital linear streaming across AVOD, EST, SVOD or VOD space
- Must be YouTube Certified
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Strong proficiency in MS office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Stellar communication skills in these aspects: interpersonal, verbal, and written
- Strong organization and presentation skills, effectively communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Exceptional work ethic with ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team, act proactively and drive resolution
- Ideal candidate will be self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit who will be able to work well under pressure, and quickly adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment. Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask is a necessity.
You might also have -
- Experience in streaming and video operations is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
CBS Corporation is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading [...]