Senior Manager, Americas Accounting
Direct a team of managers in execution of North America Financial Accounting and Payroll operations while ensuring alignment with financial policy and compliance with tax regulations. Actively lead Accounting and Finance accounting for North America and projects for the Americas offices. Ensure accuracy and integrity of accounting operations by maintaining effective internal controls. Proactively support management with data, analysis and recommendations to facilitate financial decisions. Manage and inspire staff through effective leadership, training, objective setting and feedback.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Manage the Americas GL team to ensure timely and accurate monthly close and financial accounting and reporting for US and Canada operating entities
- Establish and maintain effective policies, procedures, internal controls and system efficiencies
- Ensure timely account reconciliations, analysis of accruals and review of intercompany entries
- Collaborate with Global Accounting team to comply with global requirements and guidelines
- Complete monthly balance sheet reporting and follow through analysis of data outliers
- Prepare records for consolidated financial statement audit, annual budget and annual tax return
- Establish and maintain clear procedures and controls to protect firm assets and manage liabilities.
- Address any separate entity reporting requirements of the business.
- Actively participate in design and implementation of new Global accounting systems.
- Ensure full compliance cycle for various state and city business and property taxes, from calculation through filing and audit
Manage the North American Payroll team to ensure timely and accurate payroll distributions for employees working in the US and Canada, while building skills of team.
- Collaborate with HR team to confirm policies, address issues and improve effectiveness of teams
- Ensure timely and accurate communication to and with employees.
- Drive design and implementation of new/upgraded North America payroll systems and reports,
- Ensure timely and accurate processing each payroll cycle and annual adjustments and reporting
- Oversee filing of payroll related tax returns and annual wage reporting
- Establish and test processes and controls of the North American Shared Service Center in Dallas to ensure timely and accurate processing of all accounts payable and expense reimbursements to US and Canadian vendors and employees.
Lead Americas accounting projects, issue identification and resolution
- Participate in strategic financial projects related to Americas business operations.
- Identify issues and recommend opportunities to improve process and approach, participate in ongoing development of Americas accounting and payroll policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate.
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance; Advanced degree in Accounting or MBA preferred; CPA required
- Minimum of ten years experience including at least five years of management experience.
- Experience in planning and directing staff, advisors and projects
- Strong systems skills including proficiency in Excel and financial reporting software.
- Strong managerial, analytical, problem solving, project management, communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be self motivated, proactive, innovative, capable of working independently and within teams. Ability to work with the line organization while maintaining enforcement of policies.
Bain & Company is a leading management consulting firm. We work with change-oriented executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We advise global leaders on their most critical issues and opportunities across all [...]