Ultimate is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Notifications team and help us to build an enterprise-wide communications service that provides the ability to send out notifications through different delivery channels.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Ultimate, you’ll be embedded on a development team responsible for solving challenging design and development problems -- creating scalable, performant, resilient and secure services that are used by most of our workplace offerings. You will work together with some of the most highly skilled software professionals in the business designing, building, and maintaining globally available software that serves millions of people and processes millions of data points each and every day.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Apply Now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
Software engineering at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with our fast-moving, highly collaborative team of Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Platform Leads/Architects
- Solve challenging problems
- Design and maintain enterprise applications
- Develop clean, readable code with tests
- Share your expertise and help grow other team members
- Continue to learn, explore and research
- Multiple years of experience in web technologies utilizing CQRS and REST
- Rock solid experience with **Java**. You know how to apply best practices.
- Experience with Cloud based Software-as-a-Service applications. Familiarity with microservices architecture a plus.
- Experience with Spring Boot, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience writing and implementing automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills for production issues escalated to the team.
- Clear communicator who works well in a team setting.
- Experience with different service providers to send out notifications
- Experience with relational and nonrelational databases
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and public cloud deployment platforms
- Comfortable with Angular, MongoDB
- Proficiency with tools including: Git, Concourse
- Familiar with Agile software development practices
- A BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field of study is preferred
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]