Are you an NYC-based dog-obsessed Industrial Designer? A multi-tasker who can sketch like a champ with one hand while giving belly rubs with the other? Is your love of design rivaled only by your love for pups? Then we need you! We’re sniffing around for an Industrial Designer in our New York City office.
- Lead & collaborate with the design team to create innovative products, experiences and in-store displays through various design solutions
- Quickly generate ideas in 2D through sketching, rendering and digital applications
- Build 3D models both in Solidworks and physical prototyping
- Conduct deep-dive market, trend and user research
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions with teams across various disciplines
- Develop production-ready drawings and provide comments/feedback on samples direct from factories
- Degree in Industrial Design
- 5-8 years professional experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & Solidworks
- Imaginative and fast thinking with the ability to quickly jump from one category to another
- Able and willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication and visualization skills
- Be motivated, self-sufficient and have an entrepreneurial spirit
We're dog people. Crazy dog people. BARK (that's us) launched in 2012 with BarkBox, our monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more then 40 million of our favorite things to the dogs in our pack, and we've used that accumulated expertise to create our own products, experiences, and content.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
We are obsessed with making dogs, and the people who love them, happy. If this requires giving belly scratches until we get carpal tunnel or listening to squeaky toys until our ears bleed, that’s cool. We are the pups and people behind: • BarkBox, the monthly box of toys and [...]