For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done—and we have since 1843.
We join forces to bring together the best of the best to create practical, meaningful products and services that make life easier—empowering people to do better, safer, more significant work. We define success as: delivering value to our customers, colleagues and communities. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability helps us on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while helping to make the world better
The new and exciting world of IoT and connected devices promises to change the world in profound ways and usher changes as disruptive as the impact of the Internet itself.
At Stanley Black & Decker our Industry 4.0 team is leading the way to make consumer and industrial “things” connected and we are looking for exceptional technical individuals and leaders to join us in this pioneering effort.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Develop software confidence and reliability by creating testing artifacts, developing tooling and providing the communication needed to ensure modified artifacts are continuously releasable.
- Agile/Scrum planning and process involvement.
- Architectural planning and design.
- Full-stack development
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or an Engineering field; MS in Computer Science, Math/Physics or an Engineering field preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of XML/JSON, HTML/CSS3, and associated modern technologies specially as applied to the design of REST API
- 8+ years of experience working in an Agile software development environment in general
- Familiarity with cloud development is a plus.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.