At MongoDB we help mobile developers build better apps faster by giving them a powerful alternative to SQLite. MongoDB on-device object database is open-source and used by more than a hundred thousand active developers. Over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on MongoDB in their apps.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of SDK for Apple platforms, with a focus on iOS. We are looking for a person who is a self-starter, enjoys both planned and interrupt-driven work schedules, and has a laser focus on ensuring a great developer experience. You will be based in NY and will be working closely with other iOS developers in San Francisco and Dublin.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 5+ years of experience building real-time native iOS applications
- Have strong proficiency in Swift, Objective-C and the iOS development ecosystem as a whole.
- Have a thorough understanding of the iOS platform, including different device capabilities, battery life, and performance
- Have experience with C++ (ideally worked professionally with C++ before switching to iOS)
- Have a strong interest in building libraries for other developers (and checking quality of your work with test automation)
- Have a love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Be an effective communicator, engineer, and problem solver
- Design, build and maintain Realm iOS SDK
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organization
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly, communicate challenges or roadblocks
The Senior Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around each of the MongoDB SDKs and Sync code base
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively while working with a geographically distributed team
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*