Job TitleSenior Engineer, Chemical Development
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Join a leading business group in Philips Health tech who aim to improve people’s health & well-being while advancing your career in a dynamic, fast pace and innovative company.
You are responsible for:
• To develop chemical coatings or materials for Garment Care products to meet consumer needs and business requirements, individually and work as team
• To lead and drive technical development for assigned project(s)
• To carry out coating formulation, characterization, material property testing, assist in process study and implementation for coating or material related projects
• To generate coating or material related new ideas and conduct brief investigation to support Garment Care innovation
• To conduct quality improvement, trouble shooting and root cause analysis for existing, and new products
You are a part of:
A highly innovative design team who continue to improve the product features and performance to meet consumer needs. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverable, way of working and yourself.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Chemistry, Material Science or Chemical Engineering
• 3-10 experience in chemical material and/or coating/paint product development
• Strong interest in formulation work and material analysis. Experience in formulation of binder/filler system preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of chemical and material especially organic and inorganic polymers, their properties, application and processing
• Knowledge of sol-gel chemistry/process and/or metals is advantageous
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills
• Good communication skills & team player, with proven success as project technical leader
In return, we offer you:
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.