Job TitleSenior Engagement Manager, Philips Design
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Implement consistent, effective employee communications within Philips Design, and support the way we drive the reputation of Philips Design externally.
You are responsible for
- supporting our growth agenda through compelling, engaging and timely communications to Philips Design’s employees and the wider Philips community. This includes day-to-day management of Philips Design’s internal communications channels, including the Intranet, newsletter, social community and all-staff webcasts.
- contributing to Philips Design’s reputation within the design community and beyond. This includes day-to-day management of design-specific external communications channels, including the Philips Design website and LinkedIn.
- Working as part of a team to realize events for the Design Leadership Team, including red-carpet visits to Philips Design.
- Creating & rolling-out consistent messaging and assets to deliver integrated communications around Design.
- Creating, editing and reviewing content like blog posts, presentations, (intranet) articles that is on brand and engages the target audience.
- Supporting communications of key design initiatives towards the rest of the Philips organization and contribute to projects to position Philips as a great place to work.
- Contributing to driving thought leadership in design, innovation and healthcare transformation, including running our Chief Design Officer’s LinkedIn program and managing content for speaking opportunities.
- Maintaining oversight of and provide content guidance for events where Philips Design staff are speaking
- Supporting the Communications Business Partners with the deployment of the global Innovation & Strategy communications priorities within Design and contribute to global engagement projects and plans.
You are a part of
the Philips Design operations team, which is part of the bigger Philips Design team. Your role will involve relationships with senior stakeholders from across the organization. Your activities will be guided by the Innovation & Strategy Communications Business Partners. The Philips Design has a team of more than 400 designers – one of the largest, most diverse of its kind in the world. The team includes 35 nationalities, located in 15 design studios across the globe. Everything you see from Philips has been designed. As proud custodians of the Philips brand, we make sure design is always the starting point for innovations. And it plays a central role in our business strategy, driving everything we bring to market.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Passion for design, innovation and healthcare transformation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 5-7 years' relevant experience in communications or a communications-related role, including experience of working with senior leaders
- Excellent content creation and editing skills (in English) and experience with briefing agencies.
- A true passion for writing and vast experience in creating strong, succinct copy. This also enables you to brief and challenge external copywriters to deliver high quality content in a constructive way,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond with creative and effective communication approaches.
- Excellent project management skills: successfully see multiple projects/tasks through to completion.
- Helicopter view, self-awareness and patience are key, as this position will interact with and receive feedback from many stakeholders.
- Knowledge of community building and using LinkedIn and other social media in a corporate context.
- Experience with content management systems, mass-mail systems (e-mail marketing) and basic graphic design work.
In return, we offer you
A challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. We’re committed to improving three billions lives a year by 2025: what will be your impact?
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.