We Are GHOST
EA entertains millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At GHOST, we all share the passion to create something extraordinary. We strive to deliver world class experiences, so we demand the very best from ourselves. For us, creativity is not a skill with any one individual so much as a mindset. By exercising a flat hierarchy and nurturing an attentive design process, we listen to all the crazy ideas thrown around the office. We believe there is no better place to grow professionally, find new friends, and kick back after a hard day’s work.
The Challenge Ahead:
You will be a person who focuses on the execution of a game or number of small projects. You will be responsible for ensuring there are credible plans and the teams are set up for success to deliver on them. In addition, you will be accountable for effective and efficient development of these projects to meet their delivery of budget, time and quality. You person will inspire, influence, coach, and develop your team at the studio.
What a Senior Development Director does:
You need to be someone driven to get things done as well as creative, enthusiastic and a natural leader. As a leader you will set your own priorities, but a typical week could include:
- Champion the plan: collaborating with talent to develop plans and achieve success
- Coaching: coach and develop other Development Director’s to achieve our team goals and their personal goals
- Coach teams on process: selecting most suitable process and most valuable metrics, communicating plans, challenges and tracking to the team
- Lead the way to achieve high performing teams, creating and championing best practice
- Identify, mitigate and manage project risks
- Provide effective feedback: to both people they manage and members of their team
- Nurture a healthy and happy team
- Manage project budgets in line with studio priorities
- Collaborate effectively with studio leadership and the Director of Product Development (DPD)
The next great GHOST Senior Development Director needs passion for:
- Coaching and facilitating people to achieve studio, project and personal goals
- Applying, defining and implementing the right development process to suit the challenge at that time and is suitable for those involved.
- The way we create: not doing things just because that’s the way we’ve done them before, understanding change is a necessary part of success
- The people you work with: asking appropriate questions and being open to new solutions is key to you and your team’s development
- Generous collaborator: a desire and inherent need to work with others to achieve great things, develop ideas, plans and strategies
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our studio: http://ghostgames.com/
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.