Egencia, the business travel division of Expedia, is at the center of revolutionizing business travel with our state of the art technology and products in the industry. We are one of the fastest growing brands within Expedia, Inc. and in our 12 year history we have grown from a small start-up to become one of the largest corporate travel management companies in the world.
As a Senior Database Engineer on the Database Engineering team, you will drive adoption of cloud-based database technologies within Egencia, working closely with our application teams to understand data platform requirements and to provide guidance on database technology selection and adoption. You will demonstrate your knowledge and experience with database design, development, performance tuning, and administration to deliver robust transactional and NoSQL cloud database solutions. In this role, you will be working with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly in delivering our database engineering initiatives.
- Design, architect, and implement relational and NoSQL database systems, using cloud-based database technologies to support Egencia’s industry leading corporate travel platform.
- Consult with application teams on data modeling and schema design, database coding, and database performance tuning.
- Develop best practices for administering and monitoring high availability OLTP database systems.
- You will take a lead role in communicating and collaborating with Egencia’s teams to drive initiatives.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience developing, engineering, and administering at least two relational DB technologies, such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora.
- 2+ years experience supporting NoSQL database technologies (i.e. MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra).
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (i.e. RDS, EC2, EBS, S3).
- Proficient with procedural language for at least one database technology (i.e. T-SQL, PL/SQL).
- Familiarity with compiled languages (i.e. Java, C++), and Windows/Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Agile, DevOps, CICD frameworks.
- Strong communication and cross group collaboration skills.
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies.
Who We Are:
We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
We believe in the Scientific Method. Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
We act as One Team. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We share your passion for travel. And, like any good traveler, we’re fueled by curiosity and a desire to find a better way to get where we are going. Our teams are emboldened by a "Test & Learn" culture that encourages learning from all outcomes, not simply rewarding the positive ones. We combine [...]