Do you like data? Do you like food? Are you interested in solving interesting problems? At Plated, the Data Science guild is at the epicenter in driving data utilization. We use data visualization, statistical analysis, predictive analytics and machine learning to solve business problems and drive efficiency through the organization. Our mission is to delight customers through the use of data. This is where you fit in….
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst to help provide insights into our business by partnering with cross functional teams and develop solutions to business problems using data visualization and statistical analysis. You are not only adept at visualization, but also at translating your solutions back into something that matters for your business partners. Your goal will be to challenge what is possible and drive positive business results through data absorption.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Develop guild specific KPI’s and build into visual dashboards.
- Help identify relevant metrics for business monitoring by translating business process into numbers and create self service methods for the business to receive.
- Have a strong passion about visualization and refrain from providing tables of numbers.
- Extend analysis beyond visualization and perform statistical analysis when necessary for trends and tests.
- Explore/build/test hypotheses in relevant business area, and develop/improve key performance indicators.
- Improve processes for extracting data, producing results, and making decisions, and (co)manage third party relationships.
- Automate processes where analyses become part of business practice.
- Identify and explore where new predictive models belong, and provide model information. Participate in the ingestion of models back into the business process.
- Acculturate data driven decision making among business practitioners, and improve learning and decision making
- Become a Tableau pro and get familiar enough with internal data.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Degree in statistics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative field.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in an analytical role supporting business functions.
- Advanced SQL skills and comfortable querying databases.
- Knowledge of Python or R.
- Comfortable operating in a spreadsheet environment such as Excel.
- Advanced user of visualization softwares such as Tableau, Qlik.
- Experience with statistical analysis and methods including hypothesis testing, trend analysis and inferential models.
- Ready to learn and grow in a culture of candid feedback and healthy debate.
- Familiar with UX Analytics and front-end tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics, ClickTale, Crazy Egg, etc.
Working at Plated:
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Flexible PTO with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, and adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, and Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Launched in 2012, Plated is the premium meal-kit brand that makes it easy for people who are passionate about food to create amazing, personal dinner experiences. To that end, Plated offers an unparalleled combination of choice, flexibility, convenience, and taste. Plated delivers distinctive [...]